Salmon & Spinach Curry
Heat a saucepan and add the oil, gently fry the onions without colouring for 2 minutes, add the ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add the cardamom, garam masala, turmeric, palm sugar and star anise and the flour, cook for 30 seconds then add the coconut milk and simmer for 3-4 minutes on a low heat.
Add the salmon and simmer for a further 4 minutes then add the spinach, finish with the chilli sauce, lime juice and season with the salt.
Serve with cumin rice and griddled pitta bread.
- 200g x diced salmon, skinless and boneless
- 80g x baby spinach leaves
- 1 x can of full fat coconut milk
- 30g x chopped shallots or onions
- 10g x vegetable oil
- 15g x ginger puree
- 2 x large garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 x cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 x tsp turmeric
- 1 x tsp garam masala
- 1 x tbsp palm sugar
- 1 x lime, juiced
- 1 x small red chilli, diced (leave seeds in if you want it spicy)
- 1 x star anise
- 2 x tbsp chilli sauce (use Linghams chilli sauce if you can)
- 1 x tbsp chickpea flour or plain flour
- ½ x tsp salt